Photography provided by Jennifer Edmonds
Morningside Montessori School:
- offers a timeless pedagogically sound instruction model
- enhances a century-old revolutionary progressive education with contemporary methods
- fosters a safe, nurturing environment for subject exploration, independence, and socialization
- engages children in a range of cognitively and socially stimulating programs and activities
- provides a seamless transition to Kindergarten
- envelopes children in a nurturing and socially conscious community
Morningside Montessori began as a parent cooperative, convening in the apartments of Upper West Side moms in the 1960's. What we retain of that spirit today is the familiar feel of a small neighborhood school where everyone knows your child and your family.
A small child transitioning to school for the first time is a radical experience, one that we've designed to be peaceful, engaging, and joyful. Our small space wraps each child in the physical and social safety so similar to the home. The ease of transition facilitates the independence necessary for children to develop strong inquiry skills in reading, math, science, and writing.
Schedule a visit
We welcome your interest in our school! Don't take our word for it, come see for yourself how amazing our programs are.
Please feel free to contact us to schedule a tour of the school.