MORNINGSIDE MONTESSORI SCHOOL
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
One of the many ways that our community of families participates in making Morningside Montessori a great school is to volunteer to serve on our Board of Trustees, which works in a collaborative way with the Executive Director to guide school operations.
The Board of Trustees of Morningside Montessori School consists of twelve Trustees (including the Officers) who serve the board in a voting capacity. Any additional Trustees may contribute to the board but may only serve in a non-voting capacity. Each Trustee is voted in and elected to serve a two-year term by the parents or guardians of children enrolled in Morningside Montessori School.
The Officers are elected by and from the members of the Board of Trustees and are made up of the following:
- Vice President
The Board of Trustees delegates the authority of the Director. The Board of Trustees also directs the affairs of Morningside Montessori School and confers on and determines the following matters:
- Election of Officers
- Appointment of Directors, Teachers and other Employees of the school and their compensation
- The appointment of Interim Trustees
- Any unusual or large expenditure of the Funds of the school
- Any expenditure from the Loan or Scholarship funds
- The investment of the Endowment or Surplus Funds of the school
- The Rules and Regulations for the administration and conduct of the school
- Other business as may be appropriate
The Board of Trustees meets once a month from September to June (inclusive). Once a year, the Board of Trustees schedules an open Board of Trustees meeting to allow any parent or guardian of children enrolled in the school to attend and offer suggestions and recommendations to the board.
Board of Trustees 2017-2018
Sasha Nicholas, President
Peter Watt, Vice President
Bill Oleson, Secretary
Margaret Jones, Treasurer